[Taxacom] taxonomic names databases

Kalfatovic, Martin KalfatovicM at si.edu
Wed Sep 7 16:10:30 CDT 2016

David, the BHL "Purposeful Gaming" project was funded as an experiment that provided BHL with some interesting results and insights, and yes, funders like flashy things over infrastructure.

An exciting new project was recently funded (through the Museum of Comparative Zoology by the Institute of Museum and Library Services in the US) that will help BHL outline some of the use cases and functions that we'll want to build into what we're calling "BHL Version 2".

http://blog.biodiversitylibrary.org/2016/06/bhl-receives-funding-to-host-national.html

We are currently recruiting for 5 NDSR fellows to work on the project at selected BHL participating institutions. If anyone on the list knows candidates that are qualified, please have them take a look and apply: http://blog.biodiversitylibrary.org/2016/08/national-digital-stewardship-residency.html

The project will get underway in earnest in January 2017 and we'll look forward  to working with the community on that. We'll also be doing a brief presentation at TDWG this December on that and other grants.

Martin

Martin R. Kalfatovic
Associate Director, Digital Programs and Initiatives Division || Program Director, Biodiversity Heritage Library
Smithsonian Libraries
email: kalfatovicm at si.edu
tel: 202.633.1705 | Skype: martin.kalfatovic | VIAF ID: 32094717 (Personal) | ORCID ID: 0000-0002-4563-4627 (Personal)
twitter.com/silibraries | smithsonianlibraries.si.edu | research.si.edu | biodiversitylibrary.org
Help save trees by printing only what you need.