[Taxacom] multiple authors new species

Stephen Thorpe stephen_thorpe at yahoo.co.nz
Wed Sep 14 18:26:10 CDT 2016

Actually John, the zoological code, unlike the botanical code, says very little about how to cite authors, so et al. is fine.

Cheers, Stephen

On Thu, 15/9/16, John Grehan <calabar.john at gmail.com> wrote:

 Subject: [Taxacom] multiple authors new species
 To: "taxacom" <taxacom at mailman.nhm.ku.edu>

 Dear colleagues,

 I expect that the answer is somewhere in the Rules of
 Zoological
 Nomenclature so I hope I will be forgiven my asking such a
 simple question
 in this venue. What is the recommended or accepted form of
 author citation
 for a species that has multiple authors, in this case an
 insect -
 Thitarodes biruensis (Fu and seven other authors, 2002).
 Should it be
 Thitarodes biruensis (Fu et. al., 2002) or something else?
 Its in
 parentheses as it was named under a different genus name.

 Thank you,

 John Grehan