[Taxacom] Return of the digital taxa

Stephen Thorpe stephen_thorpe at yahoo.co.nz
Wed Sep 21 22:56:31 CDT 2016

Just to be clear, descriptions *never* required "dead bodies". This is nothing new. Also, it is not a nomen nudum. A nomen nudum is a name published without a description/diagnosis or illustration. I assume you mean that it fails to be an available name for some reason (I can think of two candidate reasons in this case). However, it will probably be treated as an available name, as it only fails on a technicality, and so do a great many names in big journals, so the Code will probably have to "loosen up" at some stage. Most importantly, I am at a total and complete loss as to why you think this paper has any relevance to "without dead bodies". The description includes details and illustrations of the internal genitalia, etc.! Why in the name of heck do you refer to this case as a "dirty deed"?? I think that it must be you who are confused ...

Stephen