[Taxacom] Return of the digital taxa

Michael A. Ivie mivie at montana.edu
Thu Sep 22 01:09:59 CDT 2016

This seems so strange, there is nothing about it that helps Pushkin. The
only possible outcome for Pushkin is discrediting. Is there any chance
someone that wanted to discredit him did this with his name on it but he
had no knowledge of it?  I don't know him at all, but it seems
self-destructive if true.

Mike

On 9/21/2016 11:38 PM, Stephen Thorpe wrote:
> [...]
>   >  3:40 PM
>   >
>   >
>   >  >  It seems
>   >  taxonomy fraudsters have
>   >  >  cottoned on
>   >  the fact that
>   >
>   >  descriptions no longer
>   >  require
>   "dead bodies". A description
>   >  >  of a new
>   >
>   >
>   >  Dermestidae was published in
>   Entomology and Applied
>   >  Science
>   >  >  Letters.
>   >
>   >  Fortunately the author was pretty lazy
>   >  and it ended up being
>   >  >  a nomen
>   >
>   >  nudum. Reference to original article and
>   >  link to article
>   >
>   >  uncovering
>   >  >  the dirty
>   deed below.
>   >  >
>   >  >  Jason
>   >
>   >
>   >  >  Original article:
>   >  Description of a new species of the
>   genus
>   >  >  Thaumaglossa
>   (COLEOPTERA: Dermestidae:
>   >
>   Megatominae) of the
>   >  >
>   Astrakhan
>   >  >  Region of Russia.
>   >  >
>   >  Entomology
>   and Applied Science Letters, 2016, 3, 4:
>   >  12-14.
>   >  >
>   >  >
>   >  >  https://www.researchgate.net/publication/308163532_New_Faunistic_Records_and_remarks_on_Dermestidae_Coleoptera_-_Part_15
>   >  >
>   >
>   >  >  The Taxacom Archive back to 1992
>   may be
>   >  searched at: http://taxacom.markmail.org
>   >  >
>   >  >
>   Injecting
>   >  Intellectual Liquidity for
>   29 years.
>   >  >
>   >
>   >  The Taxacom Archive back to 1992 may
>   be
>   >  searched at: http://taxacom.markmail.org
>   >
>   >  Injecting
>   Intellectual
>   >  Liquidity for 29
>   years.
>   >
>   The Taxacom Archive back to 1992 may be
>   searched at: http://taxacom.markmail.org
>
>   Injecting Intellectual
>   Liquidity for 29 years.

> Injecting Intellectual Liquidity for 29 years.

Michael A. Ivie, Ph.D., F.R.E.S.

US Post Office Address:
Montana Entomology Collection
Marsh Labs, Room 50