[Taxacom] Return of the digital taxa

Stephen Thorpe stephen_thorpe at yahoo.co.nz
Thu Sep 22 16:32:05 CDT 2016

I note that someone using the name "Sergey Viktorovich Pushkin" has been active on ZooBank ( http://zoobank.org/Search?search_term=Pushkin ), trying to register articles. Also, it appears that Hava et al. described Anthrenus pushkini Herrmann, Kadej & Háva, 2015! https://www.researchgate.net/publication/297838486_A_new_species_of_Anthrenus_Geoffroy_1762_Coleoptera_Dermestidae_from_Dagestan
Evidently they were collaborating at some stage. I have as yet had no reply from either Hava, nor the Russian university that Pushkin claims affiliation with. The ZooBank record for the journal ( http://zoobank.org/References/7C956948-1236-45B4-A62B-414B69567BDE ) claims to have a print ISSN, so I wouldn't be too quick to dismiss it as e-only! It would be very easy for them to produce a minimal print run anyway, or to fake it in a way that is difficult to disprove. The journal appears to be based in India and appears somewhat "dodgy"! One of the editorial board is listed as being USA based: Dr Bal K Gautam, Department of Entomology, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA , USA. I might check him out ...

Stephen