[Taxacom] Article 8 compliance

Richard Pyle deepreef at bishopmuseum.org
Fri Apr 7 20:07:24 CDT 2017

> I would like to know how to handle e-publications that disappeared from
> internet, for example when the entire website is gone.

For an e-publication to have been published in the sense of the Code, it needs to have been registered in ZooBank, and the ZooBank record needs to have indicated an online archive (other than the publisher) into which a copy of the electronic publication was intended to have been deposited.

If you can provide a specific example, I can investigate it for you.

Aloha,
Rich

Richard L. Pyle, PhD
Database Coordinator for Natural Sciences | Associate Zoologist in Ichthyology | Dive Safety Officer
Department of Natural Sciences, Bishop Museum, 1525 Bernice St., Honolulu, HI 96817
Ph: (808)848-4115, Fax: (808)847-8252 email: deepreef at bishopmuseum.org