[Taxacom] Paralectotype question

Stephen Thorpe stephen_thorpe at yahoo.co.nz
Thu Apr 20 15:43:13 CDT 2017

Frncisco said "If you provide evidence that a particular specimen initially regarded or labelled as a syntype was not seen by the author of the description, then this specimen is not a syntype"

My point was that the evidence will often be inconclusive, and that worrying about inconclusive evidence for something that doesn't matter anyway is probably less than optimal use of one's time ...

Stephen