[Taxacom] Paralectotype question

Robert Louis Zuparko rz at berkeley.edu
Thu Apr 20 15:52:08 CDT 2017

To clarify: The species was described by Loew in 1859, but I have not seen
the OD. A series of (at least) 4 specimens were in the MCZ, all sharing the
same two labels: one saying "Loew coll." and the other a red label reading
"TYPE 13228". Therefore I think it is safe to say they are all part of the
same syntype series (granted this is an assumption, but I think it is a
safe one). The 4th specimen was later removed. Afterwards, Orth made his
lectotype designation of the remaining 3 specimens.
-Bob

Robert Zuparko
Essig Museum of Entomology
1101 Valley Life Sciences Building, #4780
University of California
Berkeley, CA 94720-3112
(510) 643-0804