[Taxacom] Paralectotype question

Stephen Thorpe stephen_thorpe at yahoo.co.nz
Thu Apr 20 16:11:05 CDT 2017

I am surprised that you would consider this issue without having seen the OD [Original Description]! Here it is: http://biodiversitylibrary.org/page/42217896

It doesn't help though. Anyway, you need to consider whether the labels are original Loew labels or added subsequently by someone else.

If it was me, I would just state (assuming you have a publication in preparation) that the 4th specimen may also be part of the type series and therefore now a paralectotype. I don't see the need to make a definite decision based on less than conclusive evidence, do you?

Stephen