[Taxacom] Possible early humans in New World

John Grehan calabar.john at gmail.com
Thu Apr 27 14:30:36 CDT 2017

I think these are all good riddles. Until there is something more along the
lines of unequivocal evidence the answers, like the questions, will remain
rhetorical. As for modern humans radiating out of Africa (assuming they did
just that) only about 100,000 years ago it is perhaps more correct to say
this occurred by about 100,000 years (i.e. it is a minimal estimate, like
all fossil records). Until the floresiensis whateveritis fossil turned up
who was to know that it was there to be discovered?

The elder Leakey once did a dig somewhere in California, I think, finding
stone 'tools' but these could not be categorically distinguished from
natural formations from erosional processes.

All quite intriguing. Perhaps it will prove to be a storm in a teacup.

John Grehan