[Taxacom] shape label question

John Grehan calabar.john at gmail.com
Sat Apr 29 14:08:39 CDT 2017

I have had falcate suggested. I should have thought of that as it is a term
used for wing tips sometimes.

John Grehan

On Sat, Apr 29, 2017 at 2:59 PM, John Grehan <calabar.john at gmail.com> wrote:

> I would be most grateful to know the correct term referring to a
> triangular shape -  but not a triangle, rather a two edged point on a flat
> plane where one side is convex and the other is concave. Sort of like a
> shark tooth, or on a circular saw blade. I suppose I could call the shape
> shark-toothed, but interested to know if there is a standard geometrical
> term. This is to describe shark-tooth like points on the edge of a
> genitalic structure in a moth.
> Thanks,
> John grehan

More information about the Taxacom mailing list