[Taxacom] Problem with authors of taxa

Francisco Welter-Schultes fwelter at gwdg.de
Sun Aug 13 18:27:24 CDT 2017

Stephen,
I would not recommend to start interpreting the Code in an unusual and
completely new way. I generally would not recommend to interpret the
Code too strictly literally, as you sometimes tend to do it.

Authorship of a work is a relatively well accepted concept. This is the
bibliographic authorship, which is the authorship under which a work is
usually cited in library catalog recources. Librarians follow strict
rules how to extract such authors from a printed work. Zoologists have
always followed the rules provided by that discipline.

Easily expressed: the author of the work is the author cited as such on
the title page. There are a few exceptions to that rule, but they do not
include such concepts you have in mind there.

Cheers
Francisco

-----
Francisco Welter-Schultes