[Taxacom] parentheses (or not) on Nemophora tyriochrysa Meyrick, 1935

Soowon Cho chosoowon at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 23:28:29 CDT 2017

Dear members,

While I am working on some species of Korean Adelidae, I found *Nemophora
tyriochrysa* was first described as *Nemotois tyriochrysa* by Meyrick in
1935. However, the name is currently known as *Nemophora tyriochrysa*
Meyrick, 1935, not as *Nemophora tyriochrysa* (Meyrick, 1935). I looked at
the paper and found there is a section for Adelidae beginning from page 93
and the first species briefly described is "*Nemotois raddei* REB." but the
rest species are listed as "*N. x*" instead of "*Nemotois x*" and one of
them is "*N. tyriochrysa* n. sp." (on p. 94).

The paper is as follows:
A. Caradja, E. Meyrick
Materialien zu einer Microlepidopteren fauna der Chinesischen Provinzen
Kiangsu, Chekiang und Hunan
Friedländer in Komm, Berlin, Germany (1935)
[in German]

My question is: shouldn't we consider the abbreviated "*N.*" is in fact "
*Nemotois*", therefore *Nemophora tyriochrysa* should be with the author
name in parentheses? If not, where can I find the ICZN rule on this? Maybe
I am not familiar enough with the nomenclatural rules.

--
Soowon Cho
chosoowon at gmail.com
Dept Plant Medicine