[Taxacom] parentheses (or not) on Nemophora tyriochrysa Meyrick, 1935

Francisco Welter-Schultes fwelter at gwdg.de
Wed Aug 23 08:53:02 CDT 2017

Dear Soowon Cho,

Parentheses must be used if Nemotois was the original genus.
Nemophora Hoffmannsegg, 1798 and Nemotois Huebner, 1825 are different
genera. Nemotois is definitely not a misspelling of Nemophora. So if
"N." means Nemotois, parentheses must be used.

Lepidopterists deviate from the Code only in the question of gender
agreement, not in the other rules.

The meaning of "N." much be checked in the original source. Either it is
Nemotois or it is Nemophora. Usually such taxonomic papers are clear. I
have no access to the original source. If you do not understand the
German and you suspect the solution is somewhere hidden inside the text,
you can send me a scan and I can help you finding it out.

Best regards
Francisco

-----
Francisco Welter-Schultes