[Taxacom] Nomina subnuda

Ib Friis ibf at snm.ku.dk
Fri Feb 3 03:28:04 CST 2017

To draw the well defined lower line for what constitutes a description can be difficult, and this is almost certainly why the term is not specified in the Cope. From my time in the Nomencltural Committee for Vascular plants I remember many discussions. The is no exact parallel in the Code to your case, but under Art. 32 there is a voted example: "Ex.4. “Fumaria ×salmonii” (Druce, List Brit. Pl.: 4. 1908) is not validly published, as only the presumed parentage F. densiflora × F. officinalis is stated." I agree that some may think that there is more information in your case, but "Sédum à feuill. en croix" is just a translation of the Latin name, and as far as remember previous cases, the information that a plant is perennial has never been considered enough to make up a validating description.

Good luck,
Ib Friis