[Taxacom] Citation

Tony Rees tonyrees49 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 15:00:09 CST 2017

Hello Jan, Stephen et al.,

I do not have a problem with citing authors for ranks above family, as per
the example at
http://www.eu-nomen.eu/portal/taxon.php?GUID=urn:lsid:marinespecies.org:taxname:1300
. Although the zoological Code does not regulate these, it does not
therefore mean they cannot be used in this manner, if zoologists so desire.
Just like a name at any regulated rank, the citation indicates who erected
the name, not necessarily its current circumscription.

Best regards - Tony

Tony Rees, New South Wales, Australia
https://about.me/TonyRees