[Taxacom] Adelidae 1851 Bruand, or 1857 Herrich-Schaffer

Stephen Thorpe stephen_thorpe at yahoo.co.nz
Tue Feb 28 14:08:28 CST 2017

I don't know about this case, but often when cited dates differ by 1 year (e.g. Bruand 1850 vs. Bruand 1851), it is a result of confusion between imprint dates and actual dates of publication, Yet another pointless technicality to get in the way of the science of taxonomy! Neal Evenhuis seems to like this sort of thing (though he is also a good taxonomist as well!)

Stephen