[Taxacom] Taxacom Digest, Vol 129, Issue 3

Frank T. Krell Frank.Krell at dmns.org
Sat Jan 7 15:18:14 CST 2017

Sergio,

If it fulfills the criteria for availability of electronic publications it would be available:
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/267337910_Open-access_journals_are_now_open_for_discoveries_of_new_plants_and_animals?ev=prf_pub
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/282355945_Electronic_publications_need_registration_in_ZooBank_to_be_available
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/274372707_A_mixed_bag_when_are_early_online_publications_available_for_nomenclatural_purposes
But I suspect the paper would neither have an ISSN nor would it be archived in an approved archived separate from the publisher. So it would not fulfill all the criteria for availability and would be considered unpublished and unavailable for nomenclatural purposes. I would not pre-publish any nomenclaturally relevant paper. Just publish it!

Cheers

Frank

Dr Frank T. Krell
Senior Curator of Entomology, Editor-in-Chief
Chair, ICZN ZooBank Committee
Department of Zoology
Denver Museum of Nature & Science
2001 Colorado Boulevard
Denver, CO 80205-5798 USA
Frank.Krell at dmns.org
Phone: (+1) (303) 370-8244
Fax: (+1) (303) 331-6492
lab page: http://www.dmns.org/krell-lab

The Denver Museum of Nature & Science salutes the citizens of metro Denver for helping fund arts, culture and science through their support of the Scientific and Cultural Facilities District (SCFD).