[Taxacom] Electronic publication

Stephen Thorpe stephen_thorpe at yahoo.co.nz
Mon Jan 9 23:30:48 CST 2017

Scott said "the code explicitly separates the science of taxonomy from nomenclature".Yes, Hinrich wants to see scientific standards linked to nomenclatural availability for new names. As soon as you start talking "standards", in comes subjectivity and bias. To (try to) be completely rational for a moment, all we actually need is a simple way to deal with names of uncertain application. Maybe we have such ways already? The issue becomes muddied with agendas.

Stephen