[Taxacom] Electronic publication

John Noyes j.noyes at nhm.ac.uk
Tue Jan 10 08:21:13 CST 2017

I am not sure I agree. The statement in Article 8 is absolutely specific that the date of publication should be included in the article itself. If you accept that by all definitions the date must include the day and month of publication then the statement is black and white with no grey areas. Article 21 provides only a method for estimating a date of publication where that date given in the publication is incomplete. I am also not sure that the analogy with an error in evidence of registration is true either because the date of publication in the article itself is one of only three specific criteria that must be met to make an electronically published work available under the ICZN and is a completely separate requirement from ZooBank registration. If we were to follow through using your argument then the date of publication is completely irrelevant because it can be "corrected" at any time and so it could be excluded as a requirement.

John

John Noyes
Scientific Associate
Department of Life Sciences
Natural History Museum
Cromwell Road
South Kensington
London SW7 5BD
UK
jsn at nhm.ac.uk
Tel.: +44 (0) 207 942 5594
Fax.: +44 (0) 207 942 5229

Universal Chalcidoidea Database (everything you wanted to know about chalcidoids and more):
www.nhm.ac.uk/chalcidoids