[Taxacom] "Taxon Filter" (was Re: Electronic publication)

Neal Evenhuis neale at bishopmuseum.org
Wed Jan 11 13:59:40 CST 2017

Assuming this is following the "Registration = Available" scenario, what
happens when said taxon is rejected by the peer-review process as not new.
Does it get added to the Official Index? The Official Index could get
rather messy. Can names be retroactively said to be OK after they have
been rejected? Or vice-versa?

One other point — this system may work for well-known groups, but it
depends solely on folks around the world volunteering to review and
register their speciality. There is no assurance of that happening.

And another point — If author A has a MS a new taxon of a very rare and
little-known group and it is submitted for which there are no
peer-reviewers registered, what happens? I assume since it is
registered=available, author A gets a free pass until such day as someone
registers — does that late registrant automatically get to see all past
papers submitted in his/her speciality for review?

-Neal