[Taxacom] "Taxon Filter" (was Re: Electronic publication)

Fred Schueler bckcdb at istar.ca
Wed Jan 11 14:09:27 CST 2017

On 1/11/2017 2:59 PM, Neal Evenhuis wrote:

> One other point — this system may work for well-known groups, but it
> depends solely on folks around the world volunteering to review and
> register their speciality. There is no assurance of that happening.
>
> And another point — If author A has a MS a new taxon of a very rare and
> little-known group and it is submitted for which there are no
> peer-reviewers registered, what happens? I assume since it is
> registered=available, author A gets a free pass until such day as someone
> registers — does that late registrant automatically get to see all past
> papers submitted in his/her speciality for review?

* surely the algorithms for the callout for reviewers would go to a
wider taxonomic scope if nobody was registered for the genus the ms
deals with. This is the kind of problem algorithms are good at handling.

fred.
           Frederick W. Schueler & Aleta Karstad
            Fragile Inheritance Natural History
for our annual letter, click '2016' at http://pinicola.ca/aboutus.htm
4 St-Lawrence Street Bishops Mills, RR#2 Oxford Station, Ontario K0G 1T0
    on the Smiths Falls Limestone Plain 44.87156°N 75.70095°W