[Taxacom] Electronic publication

Stephen Thorpe stephen_thorpe at yahoo.co.nz
Wed Jan 11 22:23:29 CST 2017

John,
2 Jan 2017 is a date, so is Jan 2017 and so is 2017. You are correct that 2 is not a date, and neither is January, but that isn't controversial!
Stephen

On Thu, 12/1/17, John Bain <John.Bain at scionresearch.com> wrote:

 Subject: Re: [Taxacom] Electronic publication
 To: "deepreef at bishopmuseum.org" <deepreef at bishopmuseum.org>, "'John Noyes'" <j.noyes at nhm.ac.uk>, "'Hinrich Kaiser'" <chalcopis at yahoo.com>, "'Scott Thomson'" <scott.thomson321 at gmail.com>
 Cc: "taxacom at mailman.nhm.ku.edu" <taxacom at mailman.nhm.ku.edu>

 All this nomenclature
 stuff aside, a date is a date. 2 is not a date, neither is
 January or 2017. 2 Jan 2017 is a date. No question. All this
 semantic argument only brings nomenclature/taxonomy into
 disrepute. Sounds like petty point scoring. I am with John
 Noyes on this one.

 John
 Bain
 New Zealand Forest Research
 Institute
 (Trading as Scion)
 Sent on this twelve day of January 2017 - an
 indisputable date!
 Sent from Samsung
 Mobile