[Taxacom] "Taxon Filter" (was Re: Electronic publication)

Stephen Thorpe stephen_thorpe at yahoo.co.nz
Fri Jan 13 14:44:05 CST 2017

>Anonymity is the only thing that permits abuse. Eliminate people's ability to hide from scrutiny, and attempts at abuse will be nullified.<

Absolute nonsense! Abuse arises mostly from groups ("mobs") of people sticking together, under some pretense of authority, using rhetoric (totally divorced from reason) to push agendas. Anonymity has little or nothing to do with it. Typically in such cases, everyone else will duck for cover and not challenge the collective power of a mob.

Stephen