[Taxacom] Electronic publication

Paul van Rijckevorsel dipteryx at freeler.nl
Sun Jan 15 06:00:24 CST 2017

From: "Richard Pyle" <deepreef at bishopmuseum.org>
Sent: Saturday, January 14, 2017 3:14 AM

>[...] Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to eliminate all ambiguity
>from anything written in the English Language (the current official
>language of the Code).

***
It looks to me that the English language is not to blame
here. Given the present state of the Code, it will be hard
to improve the wording; everything seem to be connected
to everything else, and pulling at one straw somewhere
will have consequences elsewhere.

The one easy strategy that will greatly decrease the
ambiguity of the Code is to add Examples, and lots of them
(and not generic "Aus bus" examples, but real examples of
real names).

Paul