[Taxacom] describing species based on DNA sequences alone

Urmas Kõljalg urmas.koljalg at ut.ee
Mon Jan 16 01:37:35 CST 2017

Rhizopogon kretserae has actually holotype which is fixed specimen of living culture. Living culture itself is deposited in DAOM. Code allows to describe fungi based on living cultures.

Urmas Kõljalg

Prof. Urmas Kõljalg
40 Lai Str.
Institute of Ecology and Earth Sciences
University of Tartu
EE-51005 Tartu
Estonia

UNITE - A molecular database for the identification of fungi
http://unite.ut.ee