[Taxacom] describing species based on DNA sequences alone

Fred Schueler bckcdb at istar.ca
Mon Jan 16 08:37:56 CST 2017

On 1/16/2017 8:33 AM, Scott Thomson wrote:

> Sorry, I have to repeat myself – naming species without a morphological
> analysis IS NOT THE SAME as actually performing such an analysis and NOT
> FINDING any useful features that can be included in an actually working
> differential diagnosis.
>
> No it is not, but my argument is that at this point you need to keep
> looking.

* at the bottom of the scale, one can read papers in which a comparison
of body lengths counts as a 'morphological analysis.'

fred.
           Frederick W. Schueler & Aleta Karstad
            Fragile Inheritance Natural History
for our annual letter, click '2016' at http://pinicola.ca/aboutus.htm
4 St-Lawrence Street Bishops Mills, RR#2 Oxford Station, Ontario K0G 1T0
    on the Smiths Falls Limestone Plain 44.87156°N 75.70095°W