[Taxacom] describing species based on DNA sequences alone

Redhead, Scott Scott.Redhead at AGR.GC.CA
Mon Jan 16 09:49:44 CST 2017

Another correction. It is a dried culture (specimen) not the root tips that is the holotype and not a living culture. The root tips were a paratype.

Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: Redhead, Scott
Sent: January-16-17 7:44 AM
To: 'Urmas Kõljalg'; Adolf Ceska
Cc: taxacom at mailman.nhm.ku.edu
Subject: RE: [Taxacom] describing species based on DNA sequences alone

Actually, the type of Rhizopogon kretserae is a collection of dried mycorrhizal root tips , in this one case, not the culture.

Scott

Scott A. Redhead, Ph.D.
Curator - National Mycological Herbarium / DAOM Ottawa Research and Development Centre Science and Technology Branch, Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
960 Carling Ave., William Saunders Building (Bldg. 49) Ottawa, Ontario  K1A 0C6  CANADA

scott.redhead at agr.gc.ca
Telephone 1+613+759-1384
Facsimile 1+613+759-1599

http://www.agr.gc.ca/eng/science-and-innovation/research-centres/ontario/ottawa-research-and-development-centre/canadian-national-mycological-herbarium-daom/?id=1436530824740