[Taxacom] annotation labels

Richard Zander Richard.Zander at mobot.org
Mon Jan 16 17:43:19 CST 2017

There comes a time in a taxonomists life when a major discovery transforms the way they work. This stunning event has now shaken my everyday taxonomic experience.

Since computers were used to make sheets of annotation labels, a cutting board is used to snip them into little rectangles. This is a vicious brute of a machine, whose operation is further made difficult by the, say 3 or 4, sheets of paper slipping against one another as one cuts the labels such that the cut goes through one of the printed lines in the lowermost pages.

I have discovered that stapling the sheets together at the bottom before cutting the labels obviates the slippage and allows perfect cuts. This is an amazing discovery and I am proud to share it on Taxacom!

-------
Richard H. Zander
Missouri Botanical Garden - 4344 Shaw Blvd. - St. Louis - Missouri - 63110 - USA
richard.zander at mobot.org<mailto:richard.zander at mobot.org>
Web sites: http://www.mobot.org/plantscience/bfna/bfnamenu.htm and http://www.mobot.org/plantscience/resbot/