[Taxacom] Taxacom Digest, Vol 129, Issue 12

Andreas Fleischmann fleischmann at bsm.mwn.de
Tue Jan 17 05:10:13 CST 2017

There is a point of view article on the subject including a
comprehensive list of animal and plant species described on DNA sequence
data alone (up to mid-2016):

Renner, SS 2016. A return to Linnaeus’s focus on diagnosis, not
Systematic Biology 65(6): 1085-1095.

All the best,

Andreas

> On Mon, 16/1/17, Karla Shikev <karlashikev at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>  Subject: [Taxacom] describing species based on DNA sequences alone
>  To: taxacom at mailman.nhm.ku.edu
>
>  Dear colleagues,
>
>  I'm looking for instances of animal species that have been
>  described based
>  on DNA sequences alone.
>
>  I'd also be very interested in your opinion about this
>  issue.
>
>  Sincerely,
>
>  Karla

Dr. Andreas Fleischmann
(Research Scientist and Curator of Vascular Plants)
Botanische Staatssammlung München
Menzinger Strasse 67
D-80638 München
GERMANY