[Taxacom] Taxacom Digest, Vol 129, Issue 12

Neal Evenhuis neale at bishopmuseum.org
Tue Jan 17 19:23:38 CST 2017

Actually, the table at the end of this article shows very few names having
been based on DNA alone — many do have morphological diagnoses. But the
insect example by Andy Brower (the only animal example based solely on
DNA) is definitely worth a read — and a laugh. Great sense of humor on the
naming of the “alleged” ten species that had previously been separated by
barcoding but never given names. The etymologies had me in stitches. Love
ya Andy!

-Neal

On Stardate 1/17/17, 1:10 AM, "Taxacom on behalf of Andreas Fleischmann"
<taxacom-bounces at mailman.nhm.ku.edu on behalf of fleischmann at bsm.mwn.de>