[Taxacom] A positive ruling is expected soon ...

Geoff Read gread at actrix.gen.nz
Fri Jan 20 01:15:35 CST 2017

Have seen this in Zootaxa of yesterday,

https://doi.org/10.11646/zootaxa.4221.4.8

"an application has been submitted to the International Commission on
Zoological Nomenclature (1999) (case number 3722) to conserve the name
Scarabaeus gazella Fabricius for the widely introduced species. A positive
ruling is expected, soon, with wide support from the scientific community"

Good luck with that optimism authors, and thanks for the open access.  But
am curious as to when that case will be available to examine.

I only see v.73(1) of last March as the latest online at BioOne, the new
presenters of the journal, who also seem to be indicating it's going to be
annual in future.  Cases online at iczn.org stop before those in the
online 73(1) at case 3695.

http://www.bioone.org/toc/bzno/73/1
http://iczn.org/simpletaxonomy/term/703

Is 73(1) the most recent published issue of the printed BZN, and will it
continue as a quarterly?

And wondering to myself why am I so poorly informed about it ...

Geoff