[Taxacom] Update on IRMNG (the Interim Register of Marine and Nonmarine Genera)

Tony Rees tonyrees49 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 3 19:26:40 CDT 2017

Dear Taxacomers,

Some news regarding IRMNG, the Interim Register of Marine and Nonmarine
Genera project which I have run for the past 10 years or so, which has been
recently (2016) passed to VLIZ in Belgium for ongoing curation and
development:

- since last communicating to Taxacom in 2016, I/we have revised and
upgraded the higher taxonomic treatment of protozoa and algal protists to
align with that in Ruggiero et al.'s 2015 publication "A higher level
classification of all living organisms" (also upgraded Angiosperm
classification to follow APG IV and various other ongoing improvements)

- an April 2017 release (data dump, to genus level) has been created and is
accessible via the "download" tab at http://www.irmng.org/

- a paper published today documents the history, creation process and
current usage of IRMNG to date, see https://doi.org/10.17161/bi.v12i0.6522 .

Hopefully this may be of interest to some readers,

Regards to all - Tony

Tony Rees, New South Wales, Australia
https://about.me/TonyRees