[Taxacom] Taxonomy Anarchy

Laurent Raty l.raty at skynet.be
Sun Jun 4 07:51:04 CDT 2017

On 06/02/2017 04:04 PM, KD Dijkstra wrote:
> What I find notable about most responses (Donat’s and Francisco’s are among
> the exceptions) is that they shout “rebuttal!” without actually discussing
> the faults and especially merits of the comment. The piece is easy to
> trash* as the authors’ understanding of systematics, conservation and
> evolution appears about as sophisticated as Noah’s back in the day of the
> great flood, but [...]

Another thing that is notable about most responses is that they assume
that the Nature piece was written by 'environmentalists' or
'conservationists' with no or little knowledge of taxonomy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leslie_Christidis
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Les_Christidis
https://scu-au.academia.edu/LesChristidis

Not so, thus.