[Taxacom] Taxonomy Anarchy

Stephen Thorpe stephen_thorpe at yahoo.co.nz
Wed Jun 7 06:34:44 CDT 2017

PS: It is worth noting that there is far more agreement in taxonomy than there is disagreement about the limits of taxa. The main reasons for disagreements result from the influence of funding motivated overzealousness in phylogenetics (phylogenetic species concept) and molecular taxonomy. Herpetology is a rare exception, with friction between Ray Hoser against some overly pious opposition, but generally most taxonomic revisions are rarely challenged (except when new material comes to hand to clarify weak points, but that is inevitable).

Stephen