[Taxacom] new Fauna Europaea website

Fernandez, Jose Jose.Fernandez at AGR.GC.CA
Wed Jun 14 09:07:19 CDT 2017

I second the comments expressed by Marco and Mircea. It is very frustrating when something is forced upon us as "new" -and that it is assumed to mean "better" when it is far from that. I wonder if any person responsible with the new website reads Taxacom (if not we are basically preaching to the choir here). But I would hope we somehow can get the message to the intended person(s). It is really a shame and, if not fixed, would considerably diminish the value of FaEu...

Jose

--
José L. Fernández-Triana, Ph.D.
Research Scientist/Chercheur Scientifique
Canadian National Collection of Insects (CNC)/Collection nationale canadienne d'insects (CNC)
Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada/Agriculture et Agroalimentaire Canada
960 Carling Avenue, Ottawa, Ontario, K1A 0C6, CANADA
Telephone/Téléphone: 613-759-1034.
Email/Courriel: jose.fernandez at agr.gc.ca

-----Original Message-----
From: Taxacom [mailto:taxacom-bounces at mailman.nhm.ku.edu] On Behalf Of Mircea Mitroiu
Sent: June-14-17 3:18 AM
To: Taxacom at mailman.nhm.ku.edu
Subject: Re: [Taxacom] new Fauna Europaea website

As FaEu Group Coordinator for Hymenoptera Apocrita excluding Ichneumonoidea it is frustrating as well. Since the launching of the new website I have sent several updates and never got any reply. I don't know what's going on. Dr. Habil. Mircea-Dan Mitroiu  Reader, Faculty of Biology, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University Iasi  Invertebrate Diversity & Phylogenetics Research GroupBd. Carol I 20A, 700505 Iasi, Romania http://www.bio.uaic.ro/cercetare/grupuri/nevertebrate/
E-mails: mircea.mitroiu at uaic.ro, mirmitro at yahoo.com

PTEROtaxa – information about pteromalid wasps https://sites.google.com/site/pterotaxa/