[Taxacom] bioRxiv preprint: To increase trust, change the social design behind aggregated biodiversity data

Paul van Rijckevorsel dipteryx at freeler.nl
Fri Jun 30 03:09:21 CDT 2017

It is good to see attention paid to this issue.

What seems to be missing is the nomenclatural
angle. There are a lot of names that may not be
used for nomenclatural reasons. An aggregator
is in a unique position to do something about
these: homonyms especially will leap out if
datasets are added together.

Paul