[Taxacom] Honorifics for Toads

Fred Schueler bckcdb at istar.ca
Mon Mar 6 08:03:45 CST 2017

On 3/6/2017 7:32 AM, Scott Thomson wrote:
> Personally I do not like titles. I have worked in several professions that
> use them (military, medicine, science) and have never seen any link between
> the title in question and the deservability of the person using it. I mean
> no disrespect by that. I do not ever use titles and never want them used on
> me, I only ever talk to people by their names, I expect no more in return.
> In a formal setting I will introduce someone as appropriate, but its about
> the only time, in the same setting I personally expect to be introduced by
> may name only. People should be seen by what they have achieved, not by the
> paper hanging on the wall.

* that's how I feel about taxonomic categories - let Bufonidae be what
it is, you don't need to tag it as a 'family' - as if it's somehow the
same as other taxa whose names end in 'idae.'

fred.
           Frederick W. Schueler & Aleta Karstad
            Fragile Inheritance Natural History
for our annual letter, click '2016' at http://pinicola.ca/aboutus.htm
4 St-Lawrence Street Bishops Mills, RR#2 Oxford Station, Ontario K0G 1T0
    on the Smiths Falls Limestone Plain 44.87156°N 75.70095°W