[Taxacom] I have Denisovan genes (was: Species Definition?)

Kenneth Kinman kinman at hotmail.com
Sun May 28 11:26:22 CDT 2017

     I've been looking for a formal naming for Homo sapiens denisova (as a species or as a subspecies), and not having any luck finding one.  Below is a weblink to a 2015 paper which uses it as if it was a formally named taxon.  I have also seen it often spelled denisovensis, which might be a better name.

[https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/corehtml/pmc/pmcgifs/pmc-logo-share.png]<https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4686780/>

The evolution of Homo sapiens denisova and Homo sapiens ...<https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4686780/>
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
The evolution of Homo sapiens denisova and Homo sapiens neanderthalensis miRNA targeting genes in the prenatal and postnatal brain