[Taxacom] fascinating reading

John Grehan calabar.john at gmail.com
Sun May 28 21:37:11 CDT 2017

The second one about science denial is also applicable from within science
as much as without. The tenor of the article seems to focus on external
panbiogeography is creationist thinking serving as a solid example. But
again, these books seem to recycle long established insights about
knowledge, new knowledge, and how humans respond. War technology has very
often provided many classic examples of this (perhaps more so because
consequences can be catastrophic). For example, it was once believed bombs
dropped from planes could not sink warships. William Mitchell did just
that, but the lesson still had to be re-learned in WWII, even by some
prominent supporters of air power. Denial is certainly something that Homo
sapiens has lots of - perhaps we should be called Homo deniali :)

John Grehan