[Taxacom] The scientific power of the method

Richard Zander Richard.Zander at mobot.org
Wed May 31 13:24:16 CDT 2017

I think this way of envisioning things is an example of the Idealist school of the 1800's, a reaction to the empiricism of the Enlightenment. Lots of Germans, and people like R. W. Emerson, were into such magnificent, somewhat Platonic conceptions. The test is are testability of the conceptions. Seems to me.

-------
Richard H. Zander
Missouri Botanical Garden – 4344 Shaw Blvd. – St. Louis – Missouri – 63110 – USA
richard.zander at mobot.org