[Taxacom] "A Few Bad Scientists Are Threatening to Topple Taxonomy": more political nonsense

Stephen Thorpe stephen_thorpe at yahoo.co.nz
Mon Sep 11 15:46:08 CDT 2017

Hey Ray,

Why not try writing in a polite tone for once? You can basically make all the same points, but you won't alienate your audience so much. Such alienation is counterproductive to your goals.

Anyway, I would just like to agree with you in general about comment blogs. It is common for a blog author to act as comments moderator. Often, this results in them blocking any comments which disagree or criticise their stated view/opinion in any way, and only let through what they agree with. The only thing that we can do is to be aware of this problem, and recognise that blog comments may be highly biased, and that alternative view holders may have been blocked from commenting.

Stephen