[Taxacom] [iczn-list] "Felder & Rogenhofer 1874"

Doug Yanega dyanega at ucr.edu
Fri Sep 22 15:00:48 CDT 2017

It looks like there is a fairly clear answer.

The most recent analysis (Nassig & Spiedel 2007, cited and forwarded to
me by John Grehan, as it is not available online) gives a different
summary from that of the earlier reviews (Higgins 1963 and Bridges
1988), with one very important comment:

"The valid publication date of the names for new taxa... introduced in
plates 75-107 is to some extent debatable, because the illustrations and
names were published in 1874 but the short text of the "explanations"
only in 1875."

Since the name in dispute is one of these, at least I now know we cannot
apply the First Reviser principle, since the two spellings were
apparently NOT published simultaneously. I'll follow this up on the ICZN
list shortly.

Thanks to those who helped,