[Taxacom] 65th MBG Fall Symposium - Registration OPEN

Monica Carlsen-Krause monica.carlsen at mobot.org
Wed Aug 1 13:53:13 CDT 2018

Hi everyone,

The Missouri Botanical Garden will host its 65th Annual Fall Symposium entitled "Biota of North America: what we know, what we don't know and what we're losing" on October 12-13, 2018.

This year's Symposium brings together a distinguished group of speakers actively working on increasing our understanding of species diversity and ecological interactions in North American ecosystems, as well the most pressing conservation issues they face. A surprising number and variety of North American species are quietly disappearing, yet scientists have only catalogued a small proportion of the total diversity of organisms. Our speakers will highlight the current status of our knowledge of North American species, showcase important ecological interactions at risk, and provide a perspective on future conservation actions. The program will be of interest to students of systematics, phylogeny, evolution, and conservation.

REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN! For more information about the symposium, speakers, registration, local accommodations, posters and travel awards for students, please follow this link:

<www.mobot.org/symposium<http://www.mobot.org/symposium>>

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me (<monica.carlsen at mobot.org<mailto:monica.carlsen at mobot.org>>) or Peter Hoch (<peter.hoch at mobot.org<mailto:peter.hoch at mobot.org>>), and apologies for cross-posting.

Best,

Monica.

Monica M. Carlsen, Ph.D.
Assistant Scientist - Education Coordinator | Science and Conservation Division
Missouri Botanical Garden | 4344 Shaw Boulevard | St. Louis, MO 63110, USA | P - 314-577-0853