[Taxacom] nomen nuda and missing authors

Francisco Welter-Schultes fwelter at gwdg.de
Thu Aug 23 17:53:28 CDT 2018

Dear Mike,
also in this Case I'd consult the Code of Ethics. Art. 2 talks about
zoologists who should not publish new names if they have reason to
believe that another zoologist intends to establish a name for it.
In your case this seems not so.
I would try to contact that former colleague. If this is not possible,
and if there is reason to believe that he is not interested in
entomology any more, I believe you are free to establish these names.
Acknowledging his work and explaining the circumstances in such a paper
would certainly be fair. The community needs names for these animals for
purposes of communication. Someone should name them.

Cheers
Francisco

-----
Francisco Welter-Schultes