[Taxacom] Shûhei Nomura

Vladimir Gusarov vladimir.gusarov at nhm.uio.no
Mon Jan 15 05:43:57 CST 2018

Dear Andy,

Shûhei Nomura born in 1962 is an expert on pselaphine staphylinids. I
was not aware of the other person with the same name, but based on the
papers listed in Wikispecies, Nomura (I) published three papers on a
different family, Scarabaeidae.

The paper you cite must be by Shûhei Nomura the pselaphine expert, born
in 1962. It is easy to contact the author by email if you have more
questions.

Hope this helps,

Vladimir

On 15.01.2018 12:34, Andy Mabbett wrote:
> Over on Wikispecies and Wikidata, we are trying to disentangle the
> works of two Japanese entomologists called "Shûhei Nomura":
>
>    https://species.wikimedia.org/wiki/Shûhei_Nomura
>
> The first was active during the period (at least) 1951; the second was
> born in 1962.
>
> A particular concern is the paper:
>
>    Nomura, S. & Wang, F.X. 1991.
>    Description of a New Cavernicolous Species of
>    the Genus Batrisodellus (Coleoptera, Pselaphidae)
>    from Southeast China.
>    Elytra 19(1): 77-83.
>
> which plausibly overlaps both careers.
>

> http://viaf.org/viaf/2029148390826610830001/ may refer to the earlier person.
>
> Can anyone please help to disentangle them, or provide biographical
> information (birthdates, employers, identifiers) which may do so?

Vladimir Gusarov, Ph.D.
Curator of Entomology
Department of Zoology
Natural History Museum
University of Oslo                           \\ /
P.O. Box 1172 Blindern                   ooooDD0-0C
NO-0318 Oslo                                 // \
Norway
Tel +47 22851703
Fax +47 22851837
email: vladimir.gusarov at nhm.uio.no

Visiting address (and non - P.O. Box address for courier deliveries):
Department of Zoology
Natural History Museum
University of Oslo
Sars Gate 1