[Taxacom] New genus name in title

Frederick W. Schueler bckcdb at istar.ca
Wed Jan 24 14:46:42 CST 2018

On 1/24/2018 2:37 PM, John Grehan wrote:
> This is a bit of an ignorant question, but did not find an answer in the
> code of zoological nomenclature (not to say that it is not there, just that
> I have not seen it). I would be interested to know what the code says about
> a new genus being mentioned in the title of a paper before it is actually
> described and diagnosed within the paper. Is it permissible by the code?

* just empirically, titles like "A new genus of Popsidoodleidae from
Gumbuts Corners" are infuriating if you're going back to look for
references to the genus that's been described.

fred.
          Frederick W. Schueler & Aleta Karstad
          Fragile Inheritance Natural History
'Daily' Paintings - http://karstaddailypaintings.blogspot.com/
4 St-Lawrence Street Bishops Mills, RR#2 Oxford Station, Ontario K0G 1T0