[Taxacom] Assistant Professorship Opportunity in Biological Sciences, NSYSU, TAIWAN
shenhornyen at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 2 01:50:06 CDT 2018
Assistant Professorship Opportunity in Biological Sciences, NSYSU, TAIWAN
The Department of Biological Sciences of National Sun Yat-Sen University (http://biology.nsysu.edu.tw/bin/home.php?Lang=en) invites applications for a faculty position at the rank of Assistant Professor. We seek to hire an outstanding scientist with research interests that complement and build on existing departmental strengths in various biological research fields (except biomedical science and biotechnology). Since the department has the goal of expanding its research and teaching into new directions, we will also consider applications who can carry out interdisciplinary research.
(1) Applicants should be prepared to establish a vigorous and independent research program and should have enthusiasm for teaching at both graduate and undergraduate levels.
(2) Review of applications will begin immediately from September, 2018.
(3) Preferred Education and Experience: The minimum requirement is an earned PhD in an appropriate discipline with at least 1-2 years of postdoctoral experience.
(4) Essential Duties and Responsibilities
A. Demonstrate a commitment to teaching excellence.
B. Prepare and teach undergraduate and/or graduate classes.
C. Mentor and/or advise undergraduate and/or graduate students.
D. Establish and/or continue an independent line of research.
E. Continue to expand professional influence in the academic discipline through research and publication.
F. Engage in service within the academic unit, the university, and the profession as appropriate based on teaching and research constraints.
(5) Applicants should submit:
A. Curriculum Vitae
B. Certificates of doctorate degree and employment of postdoc
C. Publication list and the pdfs of the best publication
D. Research plan
E. Teaching plan
F. Other information relevant to the application
G. Two reference letters (Please provide electronic file of the letters with referees’ signatures)
(6) Please clearly label each of the files mentioned above, upload to google drive or dropbox, and share the link/access with shenhornyen at gmail.com<mailto:shenhornyen at gmail.com>
(7) Applications submitted on or before July 31, 2018 will receive full consideration.
(8) Inquiries can be directed to Dr. Shen-Horn Yen at shenhornyen at mail.nsysu.edu.tw<mailto:shenhornyen at mail.nsysu.edu.tw> (+886 937 621 791), Department of Biological Sciences, National Sun Yat-Sen University, 70, Lien-Hai Road, Kaohsiung 804, TAIWAN.
(9) We will inform the potential candidates by early September and online interview can be arranged.
Laboratory of Insect Systematics and Evolution
Department of Biological Sciences
National Sun Yat-Sen Univeristy
Kaohsiung 804, TAIWAN
E-mail: shenhornyen at mail.nsysu.edu.tw
Mobile: +886 7 5252000 ext 3612
More information about the Taxacom