[Taxacom] One Year Later: An Update From "Insect Systematics and Diversity"

WILLIAMS, Fiona Fiona.Williams at oup.com
Tue Nov 6 13:46:32 CST 2018

By Sydney Cameron, Ph.D., and Jim Whitfield, Ph.D.

One year ago this week, Insect Systematics and Diversity published its first issue<https://entomologytoday.org/2017/09/29/new-home-for-systematics-in-entomology-nears-first-issue/>. We had been working toward that first issue for more than a year by the time it was published last October-honing the journal's mission statements, recruiting subject editors, reaching out to potential authors, recruiting and reviewing invited papers for the first issue, reviewing cover design and web page templates, strategizing with ESA and Oxford University Press staff, and learning all the nitty-gritty details involved in editing a journal. When Issue 1<https://academic.oup.com/isd/issue/1/1> went live online, we felt like new parents.
Read the full article at https://entomologytoday.org/2018/11/01/one-year-later-update-insect-systematics-and-diversity/

Best wishes,
Fiona

Fiona Williams
Senior Publisher, Science Journals
Oxford University Press USA
Phone: +1 919.525.9505
OUP speed dial: 1025
Email: fiona.williams at oup.com<mailto:fiona.williams at oup.com>

Oxford University Press is a department of the University of Oxford. It furthers the University's objective of excellence in research, scholarship, and education by publishing worldwide.