[Taxacom] Large dicynodont fossil

John Grehan calabar.john at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 18:22:03 CST 2018

So they found a large herbiroous dicynodont fossil that walked in an
upright manner, similar to large mammals like rhinos and hippos that lived
between 210 and 205.

So to the question of why it was so large it was said " Researchers believe
selection pressures—potentially to protect themselves from larger
predators—may have been the driver behind their giant size"

Good grief. Why is something so large? - selection pressure. Why is
something so small? - selection pressure. Why is something in between? -
selection pressure. Why do we have to rest science on such fairly tales? -
selection pressure. What would we do without selection pressure? What would
we do?

John Grehan

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>